Apr 3, 2011

Think Outside the Frame

2015 >> UPDATE to this Post  Sept 2015 <<  - this originally was written in April 2011, and in four short years, most of the websites I linked to are now gone - 
I have tried to edit and/or removed the links that no longer work.  
Please remember that websites and online businesses go out of biz or move to a new web addy - Everyday in cyberspace - so if something is important to you, copy and paste information you find useful to a word document for your personal reference. And if you see something in a digital webstore that really calls to you, buy it or do it very soon.  The majority of artists that I use their clip art in digital and real life creations - that I bought via digital stores, are NO LONGER selling their art in downloadable kits or collections.  I  bought from places such as PCCrafter, Aimee Asher and from artists that once upon a time sold digital art sets at Daisie Company  
(Note: Daisie Company.com still is open and sells the art of Gina Jane - a former pccrafter artist)  Laurie Furnell and Tammy DeYoung are 2 other former pccrafter artists that now have Etsy stores. 

Original post:
Hi,
Happy Spring & Everything!!
On Wednesday and Thursday this past week we really had some wild weather round these parts of Florida. I think they had 7 tornado's touch down within 50 miles of my house!!

On Saturday my grandkids were here for a little while and Mariah and I took a walk around the neighborhood soaking in all the wonderful "SUNSHINE" and looked at how green and flowery everything was. When we were walking, she approached a wee butterfly on the sand of an empty lot (I think someone is going to build on it soon - fingers crossed) and the butterfly flew to her finger and stayed with her through a good portion of our walk. She kept trying to let it go by all the various flower patches we passed along the way...but it kept staying on her hand till we found just the right spot ;-)
Graphics from pccrafter.com by Tricia Santry
Blooming Seasons creatable
**Tricia's Friends Forever creatable would have also been nice to
use with the photos. I love all of her artwork :-)  

This artwork is NO LONGER AVAILABLE
UPDATE>PCCrafter closed its digital doors in 2011


Update : Digital Scrapbook Place is no longer online and this set by Elizabeth Weaver is no longer available for purchase

Out of Bounds Frames/Elements by Elizabeth Weaver  formerly sold 

@ Digital Scrapbook Place. No LONGER AVAILABLE 

If you want the font I used in layout:

Get it FREE at Kevin and Amanda's
(and find lots more fun fonts)

http://kevinandamanda.com/fonts/fontsforpeas/pea-miss-mary/

FYI for those who want to think outside the frame: this technique is often referred to as
Out of Bounds (OOB)
I posted these links in a 2007 thread on the former pccrafter.com messageboard community
and just thought I'd share here
on my Blog

Image credits:
Frames: Out of Bounds Elements by Elizabeth Weaver @ Digital Scrapbook Place. 
(no longer available)
Fonts: SandyTextHmk, Sheer Beauty, Slumber Party
Cute boy - my grandson Josh!
Scenic photos taken at Letchworth State Park, NY, July 2007
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I have more or less just used tutorials made for other software programs, and adapted to the tools I have in my Microsoft Digital Image software to create my out of bounds or out of the frames compilations.

Here are some links that you may find helpful in doing some of these types of things yourself:

Corel  create out of bounds photo


Digital Technique - How to POP out a Photo
3D Photo Technique
http://www.acherryontop.com/article?a=1178

Making Your Subject Pop Out Of A Photo With Photoshop

http://www.photoshopessentials.com/photo-effects/pop-out/

Out of Bounds tutorial
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28466683@N00/153507433/in/set-72157594146002408/

------------------------------------------------------------------
And last year (2010) I put up a How I Do It page, showing how I separate/extract a graphic from a background:
http://www.sippingtea.com/hugbees/cutoutpic.html

Happy Cut Outs!
P/S
I used one of the Out of Bounds frames that I got in the kit by Elizabeth Weaver @ Digital Scrapbook Place to create a sigtag (kit no longer available) - that I had in my posts on the former pccrafter messageboard back in 2007









1 comment:

  1. Do you know where Carolee Jones is selling her work online? Would appreciate any info.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog! Thank You for your Feedback or Comments.