Dec 4, 2011

Christmas in Sunny Florida



This is my 2nd Christmas in my house in Florida. And so far this first week into Dec...the weather has been delightful, certainly not frightful ;-) But since many of the decorations I brought from Buffalo are "Snow" themed - as I am also a Snowman Collector - my house decor consists mostly of "Snowmen" and Snowflakes, and all my lights are "White". This year I am doing just a wee bit of decorating, I'll be out of town for 10 days of Dec. so will only have 20 days worth of "enjoyment" of all the work that goes into putting things out and about. Just looking at my Tree though is still Enough for me. I've always liked decorated trees, and for my late husband Paul, our Tree each year was his Favorite part of Christmas. One year we spent most of a Dec in Florida helping my daughter move into her new home in Fla. When we got home, around Dec 20, I told him I didn't want to bother with pulling out our artificial tree and all that jazz. But he couldn't handle not having a tree up, so he took just the "top" portion of the artificial tree, put in a little stand he made, and he decorated it with white paper shapes he cut out, and made a paper chain. It was sooooooo cute. And I was happy I didn't have to get out all our stuff, and he was happy to have our own little Charlie Brown tree.

Here's some photos of my 2011 House and Tree






No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog! Thank You for your Feedback or Comments.