Feb 17, 2010

My highschool class is having a reunion!

Coming up this Summer in July 2010 - Oh NO!!! - It can't really be 45 years since I graduated can it?????
I barely can remember 10 yrs ago, let alone 45!!

I attended Riverside Highschool in Buffalo NY from 1961 to 1965. I can't say I was popular or an honor student or did much of anything much worth remembering. But I do have fond memories of those short 4yrs. I got my love for Football watching our beloved "Frontiers" play and win in 4 Harvard Cup championships.

I met my very best friend in my homeroom (no. 57) and she is still my best friend ;-). In our senior year she introduced me via a blind date to my sweet Paul. So she's been part of my life for over 45 yrs now.
If anyone who visits my blog is actually from Buffalo and maybe even a fellow class of 65'er - you can find information about the upcoming reunion at:
http://riversidehs65.com

See too this facebook page created to share memories of fellow Riversiders' for folks who used to hang out in the neighborhood. I lived on Crowley Ave and remember well lots of places in the Neighborhood: Murts, Riversides Mens Shop, the movie theater which became Ski-Dek!, Kobackers, Norbins, Acme Supermarket, the A&P on Ontario Street, Manley's, Tony's Deli...etc etc.

Well if I am going to be making the trip back to Buffalo to attend this shindig, I best get that diet started so I have time to lose the 45 lbs I have gained since graduation...amazing 1 pound for each year - at this rate - I will be too big to fit in an airplane seat for going to our 60th reunion ;-).

We are the Frontiers, Mighty Mighty Frontiers, Everywhere we go people wanna know, who we are so we tell them - we are the Frontiers mighty mighty Frontiers!

1 comment:

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog! Thank You for your Feedback or Comments.